I’m excited to start and helping your family find rest.
Please use the following guide to get ready for our consultation.
Night 1 Preparation
Here are some essential things you’ll need to do on the day we start together to ensure success for our night 1!
- Naps are a priority so your child isn’t overtired (any way you can get them–all sleep props allowed)
- Increase feedings during the day
- Bedtime will be between 7/730–make sure that your child isn’t sleeping too close to bedtime.
- 4-5MO–wake 2 hours before bed
- 7-12MO–wake 3 hours before bed
- 12-24 months 3-4 hours before bed
- Try not to skip naps, especially before bed, may make bedtime more challenging
- Try to get rest yourself!
- Think about easy/ takeout dinner/ delivery if possible (who knows if you’ll have time to cook). Make it easy on yourself!
- You should prepare to go to bed early as sleep don’t know how many times baby will wake up and a rested mama and papa can deal with wake ups better 🙂
Things to do/obtain before our consultation
- White noise machine–continuous play | Homedics is inexpensive and good, but I highly recommend the Hatch Baby Rest – it’s incredible!
- Blackout curtains/garbage bags for the window | This trim at home shade is excellent. Gro blinds (or the Amazon knock off) are good too and garbage bags if baby can’t reach and touch them.
- Remove mobile/crib toys
- Buy sleep sacks | Gro Bags are my
- Make sure everyone’s cell phones are charged (for communication during the process)
- Look at investing in a Slumberpod for travel and flexibility on the go Use code BBSLUMBER for $10 off!